Sunday, July 6, 2008

Three times the Normal Athlete





It is official, I will not have to sell my newly purchased Coach purse on EBay! Yesterday John and I participated in the Minneman Triathlon. This all began with a friend nagging, and ended with an incentive too hard to pass up! John has been wanting me to get into tri's for years and until now I have totally not been interested. When my friend Lynds told me about the Minneman and John said he would buy me a Coach purse if I did it, I was in! (I'm still not sure if it was worth it though!!) Ok, so here are the details: Swim - .3 miles, bike - 13 miles, and run - 3 miles. The last is what kicked my butt and made me puke 1/2 way through. John finished strong (not according to him, only in my opinion) with a total time of 1 hour 20 minutes and some change. I finished quite a few minutes behind his with a time of 1 hour and 38 minutes. A big shout out to Emily Litt, who let me borrow her sweet road bike for the race - you are the best Em! Lynds was also a rockstar and depsite giving birth to the beautiful Ella just two short months ago, finished only a few minutes behind me. I'm glad it is over and that I can now call myself a TRIATHLETE!!!

3 comments:

Kelltie said...

Jamie you are amazing! I think that you should be very proud of yourself and use that Coach purse with pride! Also, I'm glad that you have joined the blogging world! I'm excited to check up on what you guys are up too!

Lindsay & Josh said...

Ok, it was definitely worth it because you were amazing. I haven't checked my last years time, but you probably beat me there too, so I got nothing on you...you are three times the normal athlete! Now who can we con into doing it with us next year ;)

It's Not Your Fault! said...

Congrat's!! That was simply terrific!