Tuesday, May 18, 2010

He's Sooo Cute!


While at Baby Gap yesterday I commented on how adorable this little newborn was next to me. Her mother smiled and said thanks, he's so cute too! I replied SHE is a cutie, isn't SHE! Then comes something I see almost daily; it's called trying to pedal backwards. The lady then says, oh sorry, I didn't realize....she just doesn't have any hair......so cute though....bows always worked for my older girl who was always confused for a boy....did I mention that she is cute.....blah blah blah blah blah. Seriously, does this little thing look anything like a boy to you?

What makes it confusing for you and everyone else? Must have been the the white ruffled/lace shirt she was wearing. No, No, it had to be her pink polka dot blankie she was snuggling with. Pink is all the rage for boys these days.
Or perhaps her gold gladiator sandals?
Don't be concerned Sadie, you look like a beautiful GIRL to me!
ps- that other girl wasn't that cute....it was only because she was a newborn and I am baby hungry that made her cute. Take that lady with zero skills in deduction.

11 comments:

The Ferrins said...

People are so funny aren't they. Someone asked me if I was pregnant on Sunday which my reply to that (in my mind) was no but thank you for acknowledging the 10 extra pounds of baby weight I still carry. They also practiced pedaling backwards terribly.

For the record Sadie GIRL is all girl!! Hair or no hair she rocks it and makes it look beautiful! I wish I had such a cute head!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

It is never fun to be on either side of those situations. Next time I am the one who says something royally awkward I think I will say, "we both know there is no recovering from this one. So I am going to save you from the double offense of me trying awkwardly to save face for both of us. Good times. Sorry. I am an idiot."

Sadie girl was far too adorable to be mistaken for a boy. I like how she kinda inferred you should be putting a bow on her head to save any other person from calling her a boy. Good one.

Miss you guys. Love the new background. Wish we were going to see you soon!!

Beccarigg said...

I agree that Sadie is ALL girl! What the heck crazy lady? That happened to me with Teya once, she was in a purple frilly DRESS with a giant purple BOW on her head and this lady said, "Oh he's a cute little guy." Seriously?

I'm in love with those little sandals by the way, total girly perfection : )

Cameron and Wendy said...

I can say that happened with Miley too...in a pink shirt, WITH hair, and with a bow in it. Hmmm. Sadie is one cute little GIRL. And I would like her outfit in my size, please. Thank you. :)

emily said...

She's going to be the best dressed GIRL with the cutest hair and prettiest little jewelry:)

JamieLynn said...

Just thought I'd mention that it happened again last night! See, I'm not upset that it happens, just the frequency in which it happens...we are talking almost every time we go out people!!

Douglas Family said...

I don't know if it is worse to have your girl called a boy, or your boy called a girl. For me it happened opposite, and even with corrections sometimes people still called him a girl. What is wrong with people?? Hang in there, the hair will come and I think she is a beautiful GIRL.

Renae said...

baby hungry, huh....?!
Who'd a thunk it?

Sadie is a cute one--hair or no hair.

John said...

When Jamie says baby hungry she means hungry to eat a baby. Don't get any crazy ideas.

onecent said...

k, i just want to know HOW ON EARTH you found gladiator sandals for a toddler! AMAZING!! SHE is gorgeous! :)

Adrianne said...

My girls were bald till they were 18 months and I would get that all the time. The funny thing is now people always think Luke is a girl.She is tooo cute and oh so stylish.