Thursday, June 2, 2011

Taste of his own medicine

Let's be honest. The last couple of years John has been MIA quite a bit. If he wasn't out of town on a business trip, he was at school, mutual, jet-setting to Europe, studying or at a work dinner (think Morton's and places like that). When John was in Europe for school this spring, I decided that we needed to switch places for a while when he was finished with his masters program. John graduated a couple weeks ago, and I wasted no time booking a weekend getaway to DC to visit Emily.
Boy was it rough being away from home. Now I know how John feels when he gets to fly to some interesting place and go to fancy schmancy dinners, but he just wishes he were home eating mac-n-cheese. Bah ha ha. Ya right! Don't think for a second I believe that crap he tries to feed me! Seriously though, this was one of the best meals I've ever had for around $10. The salad was delicious. I also tried something new, a Gorgonzola custard....it was amazing!

Last time I was in DC, we walked the whole mall and saw just about every monument. This time we took it easy, and went to the Newseum and drove around to a few other sights like the National Cathedral and spotted a bunch of Embassy's.

Part of the weekend was spent in West Virginia visiting Emily's Mom. Thanks Ann! I can't get over how beautiful and scenic it is. The rolling hills and green foliage are so pretty, it was unreal.

We did have some interesting moments at a spa that I will never forget. The images have been seared into my brain.....no pictures necessary! Emily and I are bonded for life. We will be forever friends because she now knows too much about me!

Thanks Em for the fun/scary/creepy/unforgettable weekend!

Thanks John for switching places with me for a few days, we'll have to do it again sometime soon.

3 comments:

emily said...

i'm glad i could be some intimate with you and half the asian population of virginia. i laugh so hard every time i think about it. haha

Douglas Family said...

Bummer you were so close and we didn't see you! Will have to get the whole gang together when I am finally done with school.

It's Not Your Fault! said...

Spa and an unforgetable scary memory... hmmm.

JP - any spa scary stories you can share?

What about freaky manicures?

Did I tell you about my chinese shory when a very pretty counter girl asked me if I wanted a fork?

I'm glad you got away Jamie... schedule those every other week for an entire summer... that should do the trick.