Monday, December 1, 2008

"Uhh Mom, Christmas fell down!"


This is what Max came to the basement to declare to John and I last night. Now, having listened to the language known as "Max speak" for the last four years, I immediately knew that our enormous Christmas tree had fallen down! The whole family rushed upstairs to find our freshly cut from the woods 12 foot tree smooshed on the living room floor. To make matters worse, there were broken glass bulbs scattered around and a wet floor to top it off. John had to rush over to Menards to find a bigger tree stand that could handle this big boy. It went back up pretty easy, but a ton of my ornaments have been ruined. :0( What a great way to start off the holiday season! I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of winter as much as we are! Happy Holidays woo woo!

6 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Oh, MAN!!!! That is brutal! I can see the water on the carpet... I am so sorry! Wow, it isn't everyday a person things about how sturdy of a tree stand is required. DId John seriously cut that tree out of the woods himself? Go Paul Bunnion! If not even lugging it into the house would be rough!

Bubba the Hutt said...

Woo-Hoo Christmas!!!

Hopefully there wasn't too much sap in your carpet. If so, just paint over it, then use gasoline (or paint thinner). Oh yeah, and add a touch of bleach and saw dust, it'll come out in no time.

Douglas Family said...

What a bummer, I have to say it still looks beautiful on the ground. I thought when you wrote that Max came to you that you would write that he was climbing the tree or something just slightly crazier. We all know those backward underware boys are into climbing trees :)

The Osborne Family said...

That sucks! Sometimes it pays to have a small, crappy, fake tree. =)

onecent said...

well, I have a very similar picture from Luke's naughty days in Plymouth!!! we had to rig ours with a bucket and rocks!!! LOL I'm sorry! someday it will be a funny memory! I promise ;)
*hugs*

Zoo Keeper said...

Oh NO!! Hopefully it is up...with a stronger foundation now! I love your blog...and your fellow bloggers who comment! FUNNY! The Twilight post was a favorite! Check out all those opinions! WOW! And, I love your post about Max....what a cutie! I wish I lived by you still...we could swap boy stories!