Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blessing Sister Sadie

My parents were in town for a long weekend visit. We did a lot of fun things while they were here, but the most memorable thing was blessing Sadie. My Mom picked out this pretty little frock and brought it all the way from the Beehive State. I think she looks like a little pioneer with that cute little bonnet. I didn't get any close ups, but my friend Julie made these adorable booties that were perfect for the occasion. Doesn't she look sweet?

As always, I was running a bit late for church. Who wouldn't be with a newborn and 9 o'clock church? Did I mention we don't have a church around every corner like out west? It takes about 15 minutes on a good day to get there. John decided to leave early to "get a good seat." I'm glad he did because even with the superior race car like skills I used that day, I pulled into the parking lot it at 8:59! I'm glad we made it just in time. John gave Sadie a beautiful blessing. It was a perfect Father's Day.




6 comments:

The Ferrins said...

Oh boy is she cute! I agree she looks like a little pioneer in her bonnet! I love it.

Douglas Family said...

How sweet! Big day for baby and parents!

Kelltie said...

Just beautiful! I also love your new family picture up at the top!

emily said...

OH, she's soooo cute. I wish I could have been there! You guys look great.

Darcy & Nathan Parrish said...

She looks so beautiful! We can't wait to meet Sadie

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Gorgeous blessing dress!!! I hated driving long distances for church. Oh, wait, maybe that was why we missed so much! :) Wish we could've been there for the blessing.