Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Lazy Days of Summer

Our family is bringing that cute little saying to a whole new level. Although we've enjoyed this summer season, is seems like we don't have much to show or tell about what we've been up to except a tired Mom. See what I mean?!
When Matt and Christie were here visiting we decided to go on a walk around the block that lasted for no more than 10 minutes. When we came home I was so exhausted and sweaty that I passed out without even taking the baby out of her carrier! Matt had fun taking pictures of me without my knowledge!



When my Dad visited, he snuggled with Sadie every waking hour he could....except he wasn't awake.




Max has conveniently discovered that Sadie's car seat can double as a headrest for his napping pleasure.


The other day Sadie was wrapped up and sleeping much like this. In our family we like to call it a baby burrito. Anyways, Max told us that we should use her to play the log roll game on the trampoline....her being the log of course. He cracks me up!


This is a little off topic, but hey this is my blog and I am scatter brained these days so I don't care! We had a low key 4th this year. Last year we had relatives in town, celebrated a birthday and I ran my first tri-athlon. This year wasn't quite as exciting but still nice. We had the Ferrin's over. They are transplants of AZ like us and we barbecued up some good eats. The boys were thrilled to do fireworks of our very own especially because that meant they could stay up up waaay past their bedtime. Why does that never translate into them sleeping in...ughhh! This is suppose to be a lazy summer!






8 comments:

jewly said...

Sadie is getting so big. I wish they would stay tiny a little longer. That would be nice to have a lazy Summer. We are on the go and in AZ right now, but having fun, so I can't complaine about being tired.

Adrianne said...

Your dad is timeless. Even though I have not seen him in probably ten years he hasn't changed! Tell him and your mama, I miss the good days of Delta Circle! I am glad you are enjoying your summer!

Erin said...

Hey call us, we will be lazy with you. Zoe's been asking for the boys, so we need to get together soon.

Douglas Family said...

Lazy summers are the best. Hope you have energy in a few weeks when we see you though!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Nice fireworks, awesome. I love the family picture at the top. Jamie you look amaZing!

You did look exhausted, love that you both fell asleep carrier and all.

LuAnn said...

Cute pictures, I especially loved the one with dad, it captured his "entired" trip. Sound like you have a great 4th. Love Ya, Mom

onecent said...

fun post! :) lazy is good! ;)

Papa Parrish said...

I want to tend Sadie like grandpa Tim!!!Nana