Saturday, January 15, 2011

Toot Toot Toot

Don't mind me, I just needed to blow my own horn for a moment. I'm not usually the type, but seriously, if you made something like this, you would want to brag a little too! Check out Sadie's homemade Christmas present:


I know, pretty awesome, right?



I've been wanting to try out woodworking for quite a long time, and when I saw this website, I knew I had to make something! Ana-white.com is seriously the coolest place for novices like myself to go and get good inspiration, and instructions. Love it!!


I can't quite say how long it took because I would work at it whenever I had an extra few minutes on my hands. What could have taken me a few weekends ending up being four months. I think my friends were getting pretty sick of hearing me talk about it for that long! The hardest part was picking fabric and sewing the curtain below the sink. My friend Esther was a big help with that, and even made Sadie the cutest little apron I've ever seen! (check her out, she is pretending to take a picture)



Sadie is one happy little girl to have a kitchen of her own. I'm glad that I got to try something fun and new. Now the big question is what should I make next?


8 comments:

liz said...

yeah! that IS awesome! I have also wished for a long time to make something with wood. A few of my friends have busted out some mad kitchen making skills like your this year so maybe it's time I try!

ps. I think you should make a rad bench next for your back yard. that's my first dream project. I had a friend who used to buy old wooden bed headboards to start with for a cool bench.

Cecia said...

I'm super impressed! This is the fun part of being a mommy to a little girl! Most mom's gussy up their girls by making them bows the size of Texas, I like that your keeping it real and building her an awesome kitchen that will probably be a keepsake for her. I like your style Jaime Parish.

Camie said...

Nobody was tired of hearing of it--we are all so impressed that you would take this project on and then complete it so beautifully! What a perfect gift for your girl!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Wow!! Love the Kitchen... you are the woman. I can tell she loves it.

My dad just built a bird cage. I said "Dad that is amazing you could sell those."

His reply, "I clocked 60 man hours using all sorts of wooden doors and drawers. Built the entire cage around a plastic tub, so it could be slid in and out, making it easy to clean."

I am sure you would never want to mass produce kitchens, but one magnificent kitchen is enough!! You sure rocked the one you made.

Beccarigg said...

Holy cow! You can brag all you want sister, that is IMPRESSIVE!! What a cool gift and even cooler that you made it! That will seriously be something she will treasure for years.

Douglas Family said...

I am very impressed! Don't let Claire find out!

John said...

Just give her some wood and she'll build you a cabinet.

Nicely done!

Maile said...

Cutest kitchen ever! Way to go! It looks better than you ever described. I wish I could be that amazing. What are you making next? Can I make it with you?