Saturday, January 29, 2011

bragblog.com

I'm thinking of changing my blog name to bragblog.com. I have about 100 posts I could write right now that all have to do with bragging about how awesome my kids, family and friends are! I'll spare you most of the posts and share just one of the coolest: Jackson's first big swim meet!

Jackson has been working hard swimming 4 nights a week with NHCP swim club. It's something he loves to do and just can't get enough of. This first picture is of him on the block about to take off for a 100 IM. (25 meters of Butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle) He is the third one in...and his form is perfect!
Jackson competed in 3 events; the 100 Freestyle, 50 Backstroke, and 100 IM. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure when this picture was taken because he took first place in every event! Can you see that 6 pack?
I love this picture because it shows Jackson's total domination. He just killed his competition! We knew he did good in his heats, but had to wait for the final results to come out to see how he did overall. We were so excited to find out that he took first not only in his heats, but also overall for his age group in all 3 events!!

I'm so proud of my big guy and all of his hard work. His times looked like this:
100 Freestyle - 1:39.85
50 Backstroke - 47.14
100 IM - 1:52.56


6 comments:

Camie said...

Wow!! Congratulations Jackson! That is very impressive--1st place in all three events!! That is going to be hard to top in his future swim meets!

Lindsay & Josh said...

That's awesome...good job Jackson! That deserves bragging...brag away!

Cecia said...

What's up with the Parrsh clan being super athletic and pretty much amazing at winning everything? Can I join your family :)! Awesome job Jackson!!

Douglas Family said...

That is incredible - way to go Jackson. I don't mind if you keep bragging. I can never get enough of the updates!

Papa Parrish said...

Nana and Papa are totally amazed and cheering from the sidelines YEAAAAAAAH!

Beccarigg said...

What a little stud! Go Jackson!