Friday, February 4, 2011

Redo for two

I've been wanting to fix up Jackson and Max's room for quite some time. It's cute and all, but it truthfully looks like I let them decorate. (cuz I have!) There are random posters and pictures tacked up on every wall, and nothing to tie it all together. I have an amazing friend that is always coming up with fun decorating ideas on the cheap. When I saw one of her latest projects, I just had to copy it for my boys.
Along with the project, I also decided to do a little furniture rearranging. Here's a couple before shots of their cluttered messy room.
The few things I changed up made a big difference in the feel of the room. I found three posters and framed them. (thank you joanns 40% off coupon!) My boys were super stoked because they were robot and spaceship themed. I also hung two shelves and displayed some of their favorite Spaceship Lego creations. (so they won't get destroyed by Miss Sadie, and it also freed up room on the dresser)

And last, but certainly not least....the project! I made fabric covered bulletin boards made out of ceiling tiles for each of the boys. Aren't they cute?
This was project was up my alley. It involved fabric, duct tape, and Velcro......and no sewing machine!

And yes, that is a laundry basket....this is a real life blog people.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Well done lady! I bet it feels good to have the room organized.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Hysterical. That laundry basket got me! Where did you get the ceiling tiles?! That is genius. Thanks for revealing your use of duct tape, gave me hope I could possibly take on such a task!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

BTW, the room looks amazing. No surprise tho, you are quite a decorator!

onecent said...

I LOVE it Jamie! very nice! It looks so clean and put together :)