Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jacks big night

My oldest had his first swim meet last week and performed brilliantly! I think I might have been more nervous than he was which is not normal. Jack is usually a big ball of nerves about anything and everything, but he did great. He competed in three event with kids ranging from 6 to 9. He took 5th in the 50 freestyle, 3rd in backstroke, and 3rd in the 100 freestyle.


Here is my boy brandishing one of his ribbons.



Enjoying some celebratory pizza with his proud Pops. Way to go Jack, we are proud of you!

This is for the grandparents:

(he is in lane 5)

3 comments:

emily said...

Yeah Jack!!! I wish I could have been there to see you swim...maybe you'll email and tell me all about it! xoxox

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Way to go Jackson!! He'll be ready for triathlons in no time. It is such a foreign concept for me, swimming in December, in snow country. One luxury to that cold weather...indoor pools!

Douglas Family said...

So cool way to go Jack! Got your card today, loved it! Talked to Grandma this week she is resting up for a big Disney adventure! Wish we could join you.