Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Christmas Story: Chapter One

We just returned from the best Christmas vacation ever! It was one big action packed coast to coast trip to Florida. (Florida's coast's) In fact, we crammed so much in I'm going to have to break this up into pieces!
We began the trip by flying into Jacksonville so John could do a little work while we were in town. It only took a few minutes for the hotel staff to realize that this was no ordinary family and that we were there to party! I think the decibel level was raised a few notches when we checked in.


While John attended meetings, I took the chitlins to the Jacksonville Zoo. We had a great time checking out the animals and even more fun seeing the locals dressed for a blizzard in 60 degree weather!
Here is my Max feeling right at home near the Monkey exhibit. Do you think he needs a haircut?


Lastly, I finally figured out firsthand why making bets is a stupid idea. I love to make silly yet safe bets with the boys like I bet you can't brush your teeth and put on your pj's in under a minute. Well this time my bad betting habits came back to bite me. I bet Jack $20 he couldn't catch this tiny little lizard. As this pic shows I owe him some Benjamin's and will not be placing any bets with him anytime soon. (note to self: remember that in FL, the wild animals think it is winter, so they move a million times slower this time of year.)

Next Chapter.....heading to Orlando where the real fun and excitement begin.




1 comment:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Hilarious bet with Jack. Whew...even the lizards are lazy in Florida, perhaps it was retired. You never cease to amaze as you launch off to cruise uncharted territory with 3 children ALONE! Can't wait to hear more.