Friday, August 13, 2010

A Hot Mess

I know I mentioned this in my catch up post, but I thought my trip to DC deserved a full post of it's own. I was ecstatic when I heard my good friend was moving to DC this summer. (It's kind of selfish really, I have wanted an excuse to go to DC for quite some time and now I had one) She made the move in early June, and I booked a trip as soon as I had a free weekend. These pictures are just thrown up and not in any kind of order, but here are a few things we did during my hot sweaty weekend in DC:

Walked the Mall and then some. We walked/ jogged the entire mall of monuments, over a bridge through the National Cemetery, over to Georgetown, back over another bridge and onto the train back to Crystal City totaling over 13 miles! Standing in front of Abe reminds me to be completely honest, so here it goes: that day was fun, but a sweaty sweat mess. Next time I'll do this it will have to be in October.

Another day was spent at the Holocaust Museum. Upon finishing there, we decided to hit the Air and Space museum to see something more uplifting to take our minds off the weight of what we just experienced.
Emily is in a running club, so one morning we jogged 4 miles. Afterwards we decided to walk around the shops in Georgetown and had lots of fun getting nasty looks from people passing by as we were both a hot sweaty mess.
Yum! We stopped into DC cupcakes and had ourselves a cupcake or 3. The secret cupcake of the day was Salty Carmel, the perfect combination in my book. Loved it!
I know I already mentioned the Air and Space Museum, but here's another tid-bit. This is where the lady who took my picture proceeded to give me a mini lesson on how to best work my camera. Kinda funny.

Here's another pic of our hot sweaty mess of a walk/run through the Mall.

Me trying to get artistic with my camera. If only I had the camera lady there to show me how to get the flash to go on.

Thanks Em for having me. It was so nice, sweat and all, to see you and get a break from the kiddos!

2 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Love it! You guys are hardcore to do all that running on a girls trip. Guess you definitely earned those cupcakes!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Looks like such an awesome trip.