Sunday, March 13, 2011

I forgot to mention

My parents and niece Kenzie Lou flew into town for a cold winter visit in mid February. Sadie took to my Mom immediately. She actually gave her a precious silly band within minutes of her arrival. She doesn't share her bands with anyone! They flew in a day after my pops b-day, so I whipped up a scrumptious chocolate cake to celebrate. (that was honestly more for my chocolate loving Mom)

For whatever reason, I didn't get the camera out much while they were here, which is such a bummer because we had loads of fun. We hit the MOA, Science Museum, got a little crafty with Kenzie and ate and ate and ate.

I have to say though, that the biggest memory I'll take with me was watching all the boys make us ladies Sunday morning breakfast. I love that every time my Dad visits, my boys beg him to make his secret family recipe...creamed eggs.

Another unforgettable part of the trip was the fact that we had a major snowstorm the day they were suppose to leave, so had to stay an extra day. My kids were thrilled. My parents, not so much! Hopefully they've learned their lesson and will visit when the weather is nice next time.

No comments: