Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This for that

Everybody knows that in almost every instance, you have to give up something to get something. You want to be a hot skinny mama? Say no to Rocky Road, and yes to diet and exercise. You want to pay off debt or build a nest egg? Quit eating out, and pack a lunch man. You want to sew a seriously cute skirt in a day? You have to let your 1 year old run wild and trash your house. Can you guess what one I did today?

That's right, for giving up a somewhat clean house today,
I got to make this:
A seriously cute skirt for Sadie!! I found the tutorial online here.

Yet again, lets review....

this:

For this:


This:


For this:


I don't think I like this trade off. I think I'll stick to doing projects during nap time and when the kids are in bed from now on!


7 comments:

Lindsay & Josh said...

It looks like a win-win for Sadie today. She looks seriously cute in that skirt, and she just had the best day of her life! But seriously Jamie, I am way impressed, a seamstress? I feel like I don't even know you anymore ;)

Hot Diggity Daws said...

She looks a little tired after all her hard work! Hilarious! Great skirt.

Baby Oven said...

Good for you for sewing and good for Sadie for teaching you that you should not be sewing. :) Way to go little Miss Molly!

Camie said...

On this snowy, yucky morning, I'm choosing the same thing you are!! I have my sewing machine out and Wyatt is making himself busy destroying my kitchen all around me. Sometimes you just have to do it!

Adrienne said...

So true. Love the skirt!

onecent said...

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I adore it! who cares about the house when you are strutting around town showing of the skirt! :) the house will get clean again, who cares. The skirt wil make for MANY more hapy exchanges :) WAY TO GO! I adore it!

onecent said...

WOW.. sorry about my horrible typing skills. We got a new computer and this keyboard seriously can go to HADES! I have to hit each letter so freaking hard!!! I want my old keyboard back!!!