Sunday, May 22, 2011

Because I don't know what do do with a little calm

Thursday found Sadie and I at the pediatrician. In the waiting room I saw a few tiny little newborns that melted my heart and made me want another baby. (we all know this in not going to happen!!) So......

Later that afternoon I decided that Max needed a puppy for his birthday. I figured it would be a win/win. Max loves animals, and I apparently needed someone else to pick up after and wake up with at night to be fulfilled. So after scouring the inter web I came across this little gem:

This is where I have to admit that I was a little naughty. Bad Jamie, Bad. I drove over and put a deposit down on the dog without consulting John. Oops. So much for the whole master thing working out for him. But honestly, who could say no to this little guy?

Check out Sadie and how excited she was to see this little puppy! She smiles like this on occasion, but I haven't been able to document it. Seriously, how cute it that smile?

Jackson was happy to get a dog, but quick to ask if it was only Max's dog or a family dog. He was thrilled to know it's for the family, not just Max. (I'm going to need more than one helper to pick up poop from the yard!)

John decided that since I picked out the dog, he should get to choose the name of this cute little Yorkie. Check out this video of the kids meeting Gator for the first time-



4 comments:

Cameron and Wendy said...

Awww! Cute little puppy! And don't feel too bad about not consulting John...it's just payback for the ear piercing, right? :)

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Did this short haircut on Max cause him to lose 20 pounds or is it just me? I thought haircuts were supposed to make your cheeks bigger?! I'm guessing he is way taller than last I saw him too! That puppy is very cute~!

Beccarigg said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE your puppy! I want him and Monty to have play dates!! he is so so sooooo cute! That video is adorable too! What an awesome birthday present! I'm sure it didn't take long for John to be smitten, how could you not be with a puppy as cute as that? You are the coolest mom ever.

CHO said...

Jamie - you just won the Coolest Mom award!!! Yay for Max! :)