Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas y'all

Merry belated Christmas everyone!  We had a busy December and didn't get around to sending out a card and family update, so I'll attempt to do a little one here.  

Jackson -9-
Jackson has had a lot going on in his little life.  He has moved onto fourth grade at Basswood, and continues to excel at math and science.....and is still on the path to becoming the first man on Mars.  He also continues to excel at yelling and trying to parent his younger siblings!  He was swimming up to four nights a week with NHCP (swim club) up through November.  Once he finished his session, he decided to take a break and try his hand at rock climbing.  So far, so good!  The biggest change for Jackson is the braces he got on just 4 days before Christmas.  He's looking forward to a straight smile in the near future.  

Max -7-
Our little Maxers is not so little anymore.  He came home from the gym just a couple weeks ago happy to announce that he now weighs more than his older brother!  This year brought big changes for Max.  For kindergarten and first grade, Max was attending school at Fernbrook Elementary where they have a program for the deaf and hard of hearing.  He has done so well and caught up that we decided to send him to his home school at Basswood.  It has taken a while for him to adjust, but will be good for him in the end.  Some of Max's favorite things right now are beyblades and his new hamster Spark. Max is currently taking swimming lessons and getting better every week!

Sadie -2-
Our little Sadie lady brings joy, girl drama, giggles, sweetness, shrieking, messes, and rounds out our family perfectly.  She is the Cherry on our sundae. Just ask her to sing twinkle twinkle little star and you will see why.  Sadie turned 2 in May and continues to learn and grow every day.   She loves pouting, Dora, Diego, jewelry and baby dolls.   We love her, screams and all. 



John has had a big year himself.  After two long years of full time work and school, he earned his MBA from the UoM.  He's had the opportunity this year to travel to many notable places like Germany, Finland, and Costa Rica.  After graduating in May, he's had a lot more quality time to spend with us.  He even took the boys on a trip up to the boundary waters this fall.  As a graduation present, John and I spent a week in Costa Rica.  It was beautiful  !!THANKS LOIS!! for holding down the fort.   
 As for me, well I fell like I've done a lot of this. (see below picture!)  Sometimes it feels like all I do is discipline and give disapproving looks to my wild and crazy bunch all day, but I know that's not really the case.  Or is it?  Maybe you should ask them....  When I look back, the highlights of 2011 revolve around my family and their many accomplishments.  We have been so blessed this year.  Here's to wishing for a happy and healthy 2012! 

Merry Christmas! Love, 

The Parrish Family 

John, Jamie, Jackson, Maxwell and Sadie 

3 comments:

emily said...

You're the best mom!!!!!!!
I only wish I could be you:)
Tell Jack I'd like to go with him on his second mission to Mars. I full approve of the bear with Packer colors.

Max rocked the hamster name! He's going to be even cuter for the girls now that he's "going to the gym" :)

I personally think Sadie should cut a record, I know I'd buy one. And I didn't see a certain gift????

Congrats once again to John but what he should be congratulated for us hooking you - hanging down the fort is an understatement. If I was or will be rather 1/2 the mom my kids will be lucky. But I still make a great nanny while moms go to school:)

Missssssssss you guys!!!
xo

Douglas Family said...

Love the update! So fun to chat on Christmas. We should really find a way to get the cousins together in 2012!

Beccarigg said...

Awesome update! My kids would be so jealous of Max's hamster. They totally asked for hamsters for Christmas but Santa brought them Zhu Zhu hamsters instead, still not ready for the small pet plunge ; )