Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sadie's Christmas/ thanks ana-white.com

The website I used to build Sadie's bed had the same plans for a doll bed.  I decided to make one for Sadie for Christmas, so I broke out my manly power tools and got to work.  

I wanted it to look like Sadie's, so after it was built, I stained it and then painted it white.

Once the paint dried, I sanded it down to give it a distressed look.  I also made a little quilt and some pillows from the scraps of Sadie's quilt.

Sadie loves to de-pants her dolls, so I had to pose her with the pillow covering up her unmentionables.  
I hope Sadie likes it as much as I do!  

2 comments:

emily said...

seriously, can i please be you? i suck compared to all your talents, your parenting, giving crap to john, style, humor, and the only down fall is you love for coke…not if it were diet you'd be PERFECT:)

Papa Parrish said...

What a very lucky little girl, and a very talented mother!