Sunday, May 17, 2009

Maxer's Birthday Bash

What do you do when you tell your husband that we are having a birthday party for his son the Saturday before his birthday and he takes that to mean that he is somehow now allowed to go on a business trip on his "real birthday?" Then he has the audacity or what I like to refer to as balls to tell his wife that the cake she made with her son, not to mention her blood sweat and tears doesn't quite look like the one in the picture she was trying to imitate?

This:



Ok, so the picture isn't the best, but we gave all the kids water balloons to throw at John for his devilish behavior. It was also 50 degrees and extremely windy!!

Muah - ha - ha.

Despite some minor setbacks like John and his mental impairments and the out of control wind, Max had an awesome birthday party. (not to be confused with his birthday aka day of his birth - May 20th)

Here is the Ferris wheel cake and the boys:



Notice the number on the cake?? Yep, my little monster is now 5 years old! He is slightly confused because he now thinks he is done with pre-school and headed to kindergarten tomorrow. That's what you do when you are 5 right?



I bet when I finally straighten things out with the whole "no Max, you are not going to kindergarten" mess he will be getting a few phone calls from his grandma's wishing him a happy birthday (on his real b-day) to confuse him all over again. This should be a fun week!

12 comments:

jewly said...

I don't know what John is talking about the cake looks awesome. Way better than anything I could ever do. I liked the pay back. Happy Birthday Max! At least he doesn't think he can drive now like Saige.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Oh, if only I had known, I would've taken a red eye to arrive in time to pummel John with water balloons!! Love the cake it is awesome. John is responsible for constructing next year's birthday cake!

Douglas Family said...

Happy early birthday Max! So glad you are 5 - what fun for mom. Also glad you had the kids seek revenge towards John. Way to multitask (revenge & entertainment). Oh, and how in the world did you get the cake to stand on its side?

Bubba the Hutt said...

King Kong sized marbles buddy, nicely done.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Come on now Bubba, this is a family blog!!!!

John said...

I'm not going to fall victim to one of the classic blunders!

The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never get lured into debate with an 8 month prego when death is on the line.

JamieLynn said...

You've got that right, otherwise I might also throw out the details of how you also managed to burn a hole in our brand new deck during the party as well.

emily said...

Your cake ROCKS! Tell John he's nuts. BTW, Max in the UGGs is priceless! Love it.

John said...

And for the record I loved the cake and so did Mr. Maxers.

Darcy & Nathan Parrish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
onecent said...

HAHA! look out John... you are definitely out numbered!!!!
and LOVE the cake!! WAY CUTE!

you could always do what I do to remedy the *go to kindergarten at 5* thing, and LIE to them! LOL... I told all my kids that they'd loose thier first tooth at 7, and going to kindergarten is when you are 6... that way I don't have to hear about it prematurely .. by the time they reach the "targeted age" they usually have already done what it was I said. ahhhhh... I don't have to hear from a 3 year old every day why he hasn't lost a tooth yet! HEHE I'm evil ;)

Beccarigg said...

Good job punishing John : ) I'm glad he publicly stated that he likes the cake because it is pretty much amazing! Where did you come up with that idea?