Friday, January 1, 2010

Chapter two: A Photo Essay

Here are a few highlights of our Orlando portion of our vacation. Looking back, I can't believe we survived 6 solid days of Disney with our wild and crazy boys! Actually, we couldn't have done it with out the help of John's Mom, Dad, Grandma and especially his brother Benn, oh and my boys imaginations while waiting in line. Don't you hate it when Dinosaur's try to bite your arm off at Disney?

We also made a special call to Santa and requested that he deliver Christmas to our hotel. We even came up with a last minute substitute for a pine tree. A Christmas palm tree is appropriate in Florida right?

John was called up from the audience in Epcot to prove that he has in fact changed a few of his children's diapers. He smoked his competition. It wasn't even close....Go John!


The Parrish clan in the hotel lobby. We loved our hotel! When looking online, we noticed that our accommodations had more sq. footage than our first house, but I guess that's not saying a lot.
Another reason we enjoyed our trip so much: GG. That's Great Grandma Parrish. She was able to keep up with us for 5 out of the 6 days we were there. Impressive!

To pass the time in lines, we took pictures of Sadie. ( I could do this all day) P.S. The best thing about bringing a baby is the rider switch pass....I highly recommend it to anyone!
We have dear friends Michael and Debra that live in nearby Tampa and they were able to spend a couple days with us at the happiest place on earth. Max and their oldest Novatana developed a close relationship. Or should I say that Max did?! I don't think he left her side the entire day. She is such a sweet genuine little girl and Max took to her like white on rice.
Ninja Chefs work at Benihana. Enough said.

It's hard to get a good family picture when all Sadie ever wants to do is play with Max's luscious locks.
This is John's little bro Benn. Just call me a cougar because I have a crush on this guy. Nothing is cuter than a guy who is great with children. Benn went above and beyond Uncle duties that week. He might be getting a mug in the mail soon that says world's best uncle.
My boys were were bound and determined to go swimming at the hotel pool. I stuck my feet in and came up with a better idea. John took them swimming and Sadie and I got in our bigger than life tub. The boys joined us after braving the cold to warm up.


Now I know why everyone tells me she has beautiful big eyes.


My favorite picture of the trip: Fireworks at Epcot. We had to have the best seats in the house.

All good things must come to an end!

Next chapter, Naples baby!












4 comments:

Beccarigg said...

hahaha! That picture of John at the Epcot with all the babies is hilarious! Sounds like you guys had a sweet hotel (hello giant jacuzzi tub!) and I can't believe you got to do Disney for 6 days!! total dream vacation!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Part 2...wahooo!!

I wish I could have seen John crank out those diapers pretty hilarious. You guys had a sweet hotel, wowza, don't forget the name of it in case we EVER make it there!

It is funny to think how much activity you guys experienced while we "thought" we were busy around here!

Love the cute pic of Jamie & Sadie!

Camie said...

What an awesome Christmas! I didn't know that so many of John's family was joining you there--so fun! I'm glad you missed out on the gigantic snowstorm and you were enjoying sunshine instead!

Bubba the Hutt said...

Ooooohhhhhh, Ghirardelli sundaes....