Wednesday, September 1, 2010

NYC baby

One of the perks of John traveling so much is his ever growing stockpile of frequent flyer miles. They are a beautiful thing. A couple weeks ago John found out he would be traveling to NYC for business. Normally he's in Wisconsin, Ohio, Arizona or Florida. When he said NYC, I decided then and there that I needed to figure out a way to go with. I am lucky enough to have awesome friends, (or should I say naive, mu ah ha ha ha!!) who agreed to watch my kiddos while I was out of town.

John wasted no time in researching some tasty restaurants to try while we were there. One of my favorites was this little French eatery that we went to for breakfast. The atmosphere was beautiful, and the nutella croissants were heavenly.
John did have to work during the day, so I took the opportunity to shop in the rain. Yet again, it was a little piece of heaven on earth.
One night we hit Times Square and saw the broadway show American Idiot. Should have gone for Phantom or a classic b/c this one was not my cup o tea.
On Tuesday we had planned on spending a good chunk of time at the Museum of Modern Art. We found out Tuesday morning that it is closed every Tuesday...oops! We decided to go on a city bus tour. I wasn't sure I would like it, but it ended up being one of the highlights of the trip, even in the drizzle.
The tour bus stopped frequently and you could choose to get out and spend as much time as you wanted and then wait for another bus to come. We stopped a few places including Central Park. It was beautiful and the weather cooperated with us and stopped raining while took our stroll.
You can't go to the Big Apple without having a slice. John and I scarfed down a whole pizza together, it was so good!
I mastered the fine art of self portraits while I was there. I think I took about 20 pics of myself when I was shopping on 5th ave. Here's one of John and I on the subway.
I love NYC and was so glad to be able to go and spend some time with John before he starts up grad school again in a couple weeks. Thanks Cecia, Cameron and Jack for holding down the fort while we were gone. You are rad.

2 comments:

Cecia said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! You are right about the Naive part! But, it really was fun, the kids were as wild as kids are, but it made me realize having only 1 kid to chase after/please is a cinch compared to 4 :) Gave me perspective for sure, but Cam and I love your kids and would do it all over again... (don't get any ideas :)

Papa Parrish said...

So glad you guys got to get away. You both look relaxed and happy. Hope that continues at least for a few days! Nana