Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Break Part One

Last week was spring break for my munchkins. Whenever we don't have any hot vacation plans I always dread spring break. As this was one of those years, I was honestly not looking forward to it at all. Maybe it was the fact that John was going to be out of town for a few days and at school for both weekends of spring break.

I decided to make the most of it and planned some fun little adventure every day, and you know what? We actually had a great spring break!!

On Monday we hit the Science Museum. Jackson got to bring a friend along, so he was in heaven.

Normally Sadie is happy strapped into her stroller, but not today. I think she has decided that checking everything out is way funner! She had no clue how to play with or what she was looking at, but she loved every minute of it.
Getting a good happy shot of Max is like striking gold. Consider me rich today.
This picture isn't the best, but I had to put it in here. This is the Mississippi River in all of its flooding glory. If you look closely, you can see a fence in the water. The river also covered the sidewalk.
We capped off the trip with Izzy's ice cream. As always, the salted carmel did not disappoint. I'm almost glad that Izzy's is so far away or I would be there on a daily basis.

Next stop on our spring break extravaganza: The MOA

2 comments:

Cecia said...

Umm, Salted Carmel ice cream from Izzys makes everything better!

Papa Parrish said...

I'm glad you had a good time. We certainly appreciate the loan of the daddy for a couple of evenings, and wish you all could have come. Love you lots and lots. Nana