Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Jack and the Pack

A couple months back John emailed me with the exciting news that he won two tickets to the Packer's Monday night football game!  I sent him back some sort of congratulatory email and asked about the details.........here was the fine print:  John won the option to buy Packer tickets, not the actual tickets.  

Blah blah blah is all I heard after that because I'm not trying to hear someone tell me they won something they have to pay for blah blah blah.   At that point I called B.S. on the whole thing, but who am I to stand in the way John and Packer tickets, so he claimed his so called prize and has been as giddy as a little school girl ever since.  

When John's Dad and Brother found out, they decided to join in the fun and get this, they bought tickets.......and they didn't even have to win them!  What a concept.  



Knowing how much these paid for prize tickets cost made me not want to go.  I don't mind spending big money on things I love, but unfortunately, this is not something that would fall under that category. I did know someone, however, that would appreciate a night full of cheesehead mayhem, and decided to let him go instead.  


That's right, Mr. Jack got lucky and got to go to his first Packer game!  We decided that because it was such a big deal, he would have to work hard to earn the chance to go.  Jackson and I made a work chart, and he had to do 100 jobs and get 10 100% on tests at school in order for him to go.  In true Jackson fashion, he finished his last job the day before the big event.  

When the boys got home and I looked through the camera and ran into this picture I asked who on earth put together this look.  John kindly explained to me that I just didn't understand, and that he fit in perfectly with all the other crazy packer fans out there trying to keep warm.   Really?  His Jersey over his coat, and his way too short pajama pants over his jeans and he fit in huh?  He does look happy, I'll give him that.


This is my favorite picture of the trip.  I can tell this is a night that Jackson won't forget.  Ah lifelong memories, I guess I'm happy to pay for those.  

4 comments:

Beccarigg said...

So so awesome!! that last pic is PRICELESS!! He should've won fan of the game in all that Packer gear : )

Taber totally "won" the opportunity to BUY tickets for a Vikings game once and I was pretty confused too! He thought it was a big deal though so we bought them and it ended up being a blast. Glad Jackson got to go and make some awesome memories : )

emily said...

My dear Jack!!! You rock! What a fun super life time experience. You know I grew up near there and loooooooove the Pack. You dressed very appropriately but don't tell your mom you could have been crazier;) it was a great game and isn't Aaron Rodgers cool? You witnessed history my little friend. You have a pretty fabulous! Dad and a rockin mom. It's time to get Sadie her fists packers gear - what do you think?!
Miss you buddy.
xoxo

Douglas Family said...

Another cheesehead - at least they have fandom! We know a little about that in our area! Glad he had a good time.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

That last picture got me! I suppose it is true, the best things in life aren't free! Congrats to the dad for properly preserving the memories!