Thursday, September 18, 2008

Big changes for Maxers!!


I took Max to the Audiologist at Children's Hospital and he was fitted for Hearing aids. I've been told on many occasion and by many dr.'s that MOST kids love them instantly and are willing to put up with the funny feeling in their ear to hear better. Did you notice they all said MOST kids? That is always the up or downside to my kids. They are MOST definitely not like MOST kids! A lot of times that is what I love MOST about my two crazy boys....they make life more interesting. Ummmm, not this time! I won't bore you with the details, but lets just say that Max ended up going home with the Hearing Aids attached to the back of his shirt so he won't accidentally "loose" them like he does with a lot of things he does not care for. To make matters worse, somehow I managed to break one of the aids within about a day. OOOPS! It is a good thing they are "loaner" hearing aids. Everything happens for a reason, and this time is especially true. Max ended up with a brand new pair that is digital and somehow better than the ones he had originally. He has had them for about 4 days now and they are growing on him. Both John and I have noticed a HUGE difference!

8 comments:

emily said...

Yea! Max...you're a doll!

onecent said...

Jamie, that's AWESOME!!! I am so excited for him! that he will be able to hear and understand so much better! YEAH!!! modern science/medicine is a remarkable thing. I am so grateful for it!

jewly said...

I am sure he will get used to them soon once he realizes how nice it is to hear. I hated my glasses until I figured out how great it was to be able to see clearly.

Kelltie said...

I'm so glad that everything is going well for Max and you guys! I hope that things continue to get better and that Max likes his hearing aids even more!

Douglas Family said...

That is so awesome! No worries about breaking a pair. I am sure I have managed that as well. They are not indestructable. For the record I think the hearing aid straps are cool especially those that have soccer balls or other cool acessories on them!

Papa Parrish said...

Go Maximus! I bet you will love Madagascar even more now...Or Madagascar 2! I love you guys! Keep posting for my nana fix.

It's Not Your Fault! said...

Great news. Max will adjust and soon will forget they are there!

That picture was perfect. Where was the shot taken?

Novatana thinks Max is darling... and if those are the digital ones... they look stylish!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

We can't believe how big Max is getting. He is so handsome. I can't imagine trying to convince Griffin to keep hearing aides. I have lost/broken like 4 phones in the last 4 months so I can only imagine how hearing aides would fair.

They tell you Most kids this and, Most kids that for all positive things. That way you are the sucker who does everything they want and their long gone by the time you realize your kid did far worse then projected!!!! :)