Monday, February 23, 2009

My family is Numero Uno!!



My boys have had a cold of some sort for the last week or so. I started feeling it on Saturday night, and by Sunday morning I felt like a slug. Life goes on and you still have to do things like go to church and teach that lesson that you don't want to. So as I got to church bright and early, I was feeling like I would rather be anywhere but there, preferably snuggled in my nice warm bed. This is where one of my number one family members stepped in for me. Max was feeling the lets get out of here vibe and decided to help out. He slammed his finger in the car door so badly that John had to open the door to get his little finger out. Poor Guy! Lets just say his plan worked so well that I didn't have to teach my lesson, and got to leave right away. That's my Max, always thinking of others! He did go a little overboard this time if you ask me. I ended up taking him to our Dr. (can you believe they are open on Sunday Mornings?!!) and after some soaking, topical anesthetic, Tylenol w/ codeine, 3 x-rays, a local shot, a board to strap him down, two stitches and a finger gaurd later, he was all good. Max and I did end up getting home about a 1/2 hour before than John and Jackson, so I guess his plan did work to get me home earlier! I told him then next time he wants to go home he can just throw up....that would be easier.

4 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

Poor Max! I agree, throwing up would have been a better option. =)

Papa Parrish said...

That's how Gage and Matt got out of church on Sunday! I guess he could share his upchucking expertise with Max. NanaP P.S. Hope you're feeling better!

Douglas Family said...

Sorry to hear that it was an ordeal to get out of church, but at least it shows that family really is first. Hope Max is feeling better. Next time tell John to take Max and Jackson to the doctor and let you go home.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Ouch!!!!!!!

Seriously, I heard on the news that finger fatalities are on the rise.

Glad Max only needed a few stitches. It is quite the ordeal carting off an injured child, I found the daily dressing changes and attempts to keep the kids finger on that finger board were even worse!