Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stay-Cation



Last week I had an unexpected phone call from a long time friend from AZ....she was taking a last minute trip to the frozen tundra. She has some sort of super human ability to bring the good weather with her wherever she roams, so naturally I was ecstatic. True to form, the weather was excellent! (by Minnesota standards) We enjoyed sunny, 30 degree weather the entire weekend! Wendy was eager to experience winter life as we know it.

One of our first stops was Ike's in Minneapolis. She got to taste one of the Midwest's prized possession's, aged cheese. The bartender told her that she could keep her weather, and we'll keep our cheese. It was a classic cheese lover's comment!


Next, with the help of John's friend, we scored some sweet tickets to the Timberwolves game. The game was not that exciting, but we did have some funny seat neighbors to keep things lively all night. I even got picked up on! Wowzas! It made a stay at home mom of 3 feel not so old. (did I mention that Wendy's server the night before was trying to bust a move on Wendy?) We still got it!!
Another Minnesota moment we had was taking a 5 mile jog around Rice Lake at 7am. It was a tid bit chilly. At one point, Wendy had frost on her eyelashes and eyebrows!! I had a blast because it was my first time jogging that distance, but I don't think Wendy will be doing that again anytime soon.
With the help from my best babysitter, we also went out to the movies, ate at Smashburger, stopped by Archivers and went to the Mall of America. Thanks John!

Now that Wendy has gone, the warm front has left and we are back to our normal 10 degree weather. Come back Wendy, we all need some more sunshine in our life!!

3 comments:

The Ferrins said...

I'm glad you found fun things to do! She needs to come back up when Minnesota is actually pretty, maybe the fall... unless the winter scared her off for good! It's always fun catching up with friends from home, I'm jealous!

Beccarigg said...

Aw Yeah! You TOTALLY still got it! I LOVE that you guys got hit on. When Wendy and I went to the Beyonce concert the same thing happened and we called our men and were like, "Oh yeah baby, your wives are HOT!" hahaha! Good good times.

That's SO awesome that you did the Rice Lake loop! I actually ran it with my BIL in December and we also got frost on our eyelashes and eyebrows.: )That is like my favorite runs of all time. Sometimes when I'm on the treadmill I imagine I'm really running around Rice Lake. I miss the awesome trails out there. But DUDE! I'm so pumped for you to run at Grandma's! I wish I was doing it with you guys. I'm seriously seriously jealous. Grandma's is an awesome venue and the medals are really top quality. You are going to have a blast. Again, just wish I could train with you : (

Hot Diggity Daws said...

You can take the girl out of the heat, but you cant take the sunshine out of the girl...

Hmmm...

I had so much fun don't ya know.

I did actually enjoy the Rice Lake adventure...I would probably like it even more if I wasn't so concerned for my life! I was more worried about falling on the ice, than freezing in the snow. :o)

Little Brian was sure to ask, "Can I go on the airplane with you next time?" Sure Brian, Sure.