Monday, March 1, 2010

Brownie Points/Perfect Timing


Something quite special arrived at my doorstep this afternoon. It was wrapped in a light blue box and tied just so with a silky white ribbon. That's right ladies and gents.....a box from Tiffany's. Mmmm Hmmm. Not only was the box blue, but it was a B-I-G. Before I opened it, John had already won a bakers dozen of brownie points. I quickly untied the bow, and opened the prettiest crystal vase I've seen. Awwwe, I thought, John knows me so well. It's something I would have noticed window shopping, but never ever would think of buying. Its simple, understated and square at the top. What a cool husband I have. He even arranged to have it delivered the day he was leaving on a business trip. Sometimes I give John a little too much credit. As I was having thoughts of of husbandry grandeur, I opened the attached card:

Dear Mr. Parrish:

As a valued customer, we would like to thank you for your business. To show our appreciation, we have enclosed the vase you requested. Thank you,

Delta Airlines Frequent Flyer Program


So much for husband of the year!


I guess Delta gets the brownie points for picking out a great gift and John gets his points for flying so much. Thanks for flying the friendly skies John!


7 comments:

emily said...

I honestly laughed out loud! I was reading away and was all gushing b/c John was so sweet and then the note...awesome, classic, love it. It's the thought that counts, right? Plus it's prettttttty! :)

Darcy & Nathan Parrish said...

hahhahah I am dying right now!

Douglas Family said...

So funny, was a little shocked that John would do that - not that he isn't capable. Maybe next time he can get them to remove that little card and he can take credit.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Yeah, I am not sure the Thank You card from the airlines was quite as appreciated as they might have anticipated! You still win, after all, it could have been a power tool.

John said...

I should have had it sent to the office. Then I could have pretended I bought it just for her. Honesty is not always the best policy.

JamieLynn said...

You are incapable if lying to me John! I would have figured it out. Delta sky miles is etched in the bottom of the vase-right beside Tiffany's. Anyways, it's better this way. I might have been kind of mad if you actually spent good money on something so frivolous! Thanks again delta!!

Papa Parrish said...

Keep an eye on John, he may rewrap it and try to pass it off for Mother's Day..He was always good at saving money!!! Mama P