Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lets play catch up shall we

It's hard to keep a blog up to date when you are having too much fun living life. It's time to catch you up on all the things going on in the Parrish household.

Our not so little Max has been tearing up the soccer field with his team the white sharks. He scored two goals in the first game! Man was he excited.
I've enjoyed hearing the other teams parents comment about him. I was sitting next to a family and they started saying look at that big kid. There is no way he is 6. That kid has got to be 7 or 8. He is a monster. How did he get on that team? I politely told them that yes, he did in fact just turn 6 in May.

Another funny conversation went something like this:
Crazy lady 1: That boy has bubble gum in his hair
Crazy lady 2: The gum isn't in his hair, it's in his ear
Crazy Lady 3: No, I think those are things you put in your ear because it's windy.
I again politely told them that he has hearing aides, not gum or something silly in his ears.
Do crazy people not know that others can hear their conversations?

Onto Sadie. She has never been one to wear bibs. I tried for months in vain but she would never eat if I had one on her. She has recently decided that they are much funner to wear if you have it over your back and look like a little super hero princess.
Jack has been a little busy himself. He has enjoyed being on the NHCP swim team and practicing three mornings a week. NHCP decided to make a float, and Jackson and I got to walk in the Maple Grove Days Parade. Can you tell Jackson is just a little bit excited? Besides the Parade, the highlight of his summer so far was a trip he took to AZ with John. John flew with him because he had a business meeting in Scottsdale. He left early and Jack got to spend a week with Nana and Papa. He was a little scared to fly home alone, but he survived!
As for me, well I've been pretty occupied too. I was lucky enough to be able to take a long weekend trip to go visit my friend Emily who lives out in DC. We had a great/hot/sweaty/fun/tiring/sweaty time. Did I mention sweaty? This is us after a 5k that we ran in 99 degree weather, plus some awful humidity mixed in as well. Yes, we smell about as good as we look. Don't judge.

Notice anything different about Sadie? Look close. See it now? Yep, she has her ears pierced. John and the boys thought it would be a fun surprise to pierce Sadie's ears while I was gone. Tee Hee Hee. NOT FUNNY! The boys were so excited that I couldn't get mad at John. BUT!!! Seriously, isn't this suppose to be some sort of mommy/daughter thing? I feel slightly robbed.


I hope y'all are enjoying your summer as much as we are! To da loo!

3 comments:

Lindsay & Josh said...

I'm sorry, I'm laughing so hard that they went and got her ears pierced without you....that is really awesome :) I'm jealous you got to go visit Em, I've been told that until I can afford a new bike for Josh, he can't afford to watch the kids alone....lame! See you soon.

Douglas Family said...

Way to go for Max! Love that he loves soccer might just have to make a visit to watch a game. Parents at sporting events are always interesting - I have encountered what you are referring to often.
Just so you don't feel bad - I am sure John meant well with the ear piercing, and maybe he thought he was sparing you agony by hearing your baby cry. I do agree that it is more of a mom and daughter thing though.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Max is looking so much like Jack these days. Sounds like you have some serious parent brainiacs running around Minnesota.

I wanted to post brainiacs and blogger felt "braininess's" was more appropriate.

"Yeah I let my kid run around playing soccer with gum shoved in his ears. Doesn't everyone?" Come on people.

It was great to see John & Jack. Didn't anyone take Grand Canyon hiking pictures? I'd love to see him doing that.

How adorable is Super Sadie? She is out of this universe. Don't hate on the cape people. :-)