Monday, November 30, 2009

This photo pretty much sums up Thanksgiving

We were glad to be in Utah and spend time with family, just saddened by why we decided to make the trip.


For those of you that don't know already, my Mom is battling Carcenoid Lung Cancer. Just before Thanksgiving, she had surgery to remove the tumor and half of her left lung. Feeling helpless in Minnesota, we figured out a way for all of my family to make it to Utah to try to show our love and support to my sweet Mom. Here is a list of the good and bad:


1. Good: Sadie and I got to fly. She was a perfect little angel and slept almost the entire flight.

Bad: John and the boys drove 19 hours through a snow storm...need I say more?


2. Good: I got to spend a lot of time with my two nieces Madison and Mackenzie.

Bad: I found out that they LOVE the twilight books. Barf



3. Good:We opened a few Christmas presents early (way early) from each other

Bad: Max initially hated his gift from the Vegas and said "this is not cool, I don't' like this" (who is his mom, she needs to teach him some manners) The picture above is him pouting over his gift!


4. Good: I got to see my favorite Dr. Nurse Friend, Emily Litt.

Bad: I got sick and didn't get to see my favorite red head Linds.


5. Good: Got a pedicure with Madison and Mackenzie

Bad: They wanted to put "team Jacob" on their toes


6. Good: Spending time with my family, most importantly my Mom.

Bad: Passing on the head cold I got to everyone....sorry guys!



All in all, I would say that the good outweighed the bad during our trip. A big shout out to John for making it possible. Thanks Mr. P!




7 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Team Jacob toe nails...They do have it bad. I hope your mom is healing well. I am sure it did her heart good to see all of you Parrish people, I am sure Sadie stole the show!winang

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I hate word verification. For the record winang is not the latest and greatest in slang words...nope...just word verification gone bad.

Lindsay & Josh said...

We were sad to miss you guys too! I'm glad you got to see your mom and had a good trip.

Douglas Family said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. Glad you could go for a visit to see her and give her some Jackson, Max & Sadie love. Oh, and props to John for making the drive!

Beccarigg said...

Jamie I didn't realize your mom was battling lung cancer. I'm so sorry to hear that. My sister had cancer and it's tough watching someone you love go through that. I'm so glad you guys got to be there with her for Thanksgiving. Glad all the good outweighed the bad, I mean, at least they put team Jacob on your toes, could've been worse ; )

Papa Parrish said...

Glad you are home safe. I am worried Max won't like my Christmas, either!!!
Glad you were able to make the trip. Points to you, Johnny. MamaP

emily said...

I'm glad I got to see you too!!!! Missed Jack and Max and Linds:) LOL.