Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kid funnies

So this morning Jack and I were discussing a neighbor that has two girls ages 6 and 8. Their parents are both lawyers and have schedules that keep them at work after school hours. Even though they frequently do not get home before their kids, they choose not to put their girls in childcare. Yes, with two salaries, they can not find enough $$ to have their kids watched over properly. So here is the funny part of this sad conversation:


Jackson: The girls told me that their parents are both lawyers and that they make a lot of money. They want to go to kidstop, but their parents won't let them.


Me: Really? A lot of money huh? How much do you think they make?


Jackson: A TON OF MONEY. They must make at least $30 a day both or something like that. At least $100 a week I think.


Me: You are right, they should send the girls to kidstop.


If his numbers are correct, I'll be sending my kids off to childcare asap. (I'm pretty sure John makes at least $100 a week.)


ps- As I'm writing this, I recalled a bad mommy moment I had myself last night. I gave my babe a honey graham cracker. Ok, a few graham crackers. I didn't even think about it, I even took some pictures of how cute she was. Jackson got home from a friends house and immediately lectured me that she was going to die because I fed her honey. OOPS! I guess we all have our issues.

4 comments:

The Osborne Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Osborne Family said...

Dear Jackson,
I thought I was right and wrote you a post, and then doubted myself and deleted, but then I double-checked.
While your mommy can definitely benefit from being checked up on, she is a good mommy. It is OK to give babies things that have honey in them if they are cooked,so the crackers are OK. Babies just can't have raw honey. You're a sweet boy. Keep checking up on Mommy.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

How many lawyers does it take to realize it is illegal to leave 6 and 8 year old girls home alone?! I see an anonymous tipster lurking in the neighborhood. With the money those lawyers are bringing in, perhaps blackmail would be more prudent!

I love getting a sense of what things cost and how much people make from the viewpoint of children.

The Osborne Family said...

Sadly, according to the Hennepin County website "There is no Minnesota law that states at what exact age a child must be before he or she may be left home alone or left under the care of another child."