Friday, January 22, 2010

The proof is in the pudding

What does that even mean anyway? Did I ever tell you that my husband is a big nerd? Well if I haven't, let me make one thing clear: my husband is a nerd. He insists that I can't prove this accusation....until now. Let's just say that the proof arrived packaged in a big brown box delivered by the mailman, uh I mean mail carrier. (you never know these days) so, without further ado, here is the proof I have been waiting for:








What is this you ask? A prestigious award from work, a first place triathlon trophy? Not even close. A few year back John's friends decided to get a trophy made for their fantasy league. Whoever wins gets possession of the trophy named the "small package" and gets to personalize it with an engraving, then pass it on to the next winner. Who do they think they are the NHL? Is John going to use it as a jello mold and drink hot cocoa out of it to celebrate...some pudding perhaps?? This has serious nerd proof written all over it. They just as well should give up and go play Magic the Gathering.

ps- I love nerds


8 comments:

Bubba the Hutt said...

JP has always been considered the "People's Champion," now he has the trophy to prove it.

Whatever he ends up doing to it, let me just tell you that I know from experience that it cleans up nicely, it may take awhile, but eventually it'll be shiny and new.

Douglas Family said...

I have always known he is a nerd and if you have 3 or more witnesses isn't that good enough for the law? Just need to find one more (which you could probably just get another sibling).
PS I kind of like nerds too, they can be interesting.
PPS Bubba the Hutt, your comment scares me!

JamieLynn said...

Q: Who are these people that consider John to be their Champion?

A: Nerds

Papa Parrish said...

I was always told nerds make the best husbands. Love those nerds!!! Nana

John said...

The girl who competes in pie eating contests is telling me I'm a nerd for being the People's Champion in fake football, life and love.

I'm going to put a pie in the cup and then she'll think it's cool

Darcy & Nathan Parrish said...

Tell John I want my trophy!

Nathan

It's Not Your Fault! said...

That is the closest I'll ever get to that trophy... that or I will need to buy my team like every other prior winner.

That trophy is an iconic symbol in fantasy sports. Better than any 200 pay day from winning similar leagues. JP is the people's champion.

P.S. Nate - thanks to Angel... he gets to hold it for 1 year. Your time is coming.

It's Not Your Fault! said...

I'm catching up on 4 months of non-blogging.

JP is the people's champion. Remember the PuBauMen?

I know Jaimie does! The red barn place just off University...