Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dinning Room Accessories


One of my most recent projects has been the dining room.  So far I've painted and made curtains.  It still pretty bare and I haven't figured what to put up on the walls and if we have room for a buffet or anything like that.  This is where my 9 year old obsessed with space comes in.   A while back, Jackson set his eyes on a telescope at Costco.  He saved his Christmas, Birthday, and allowance to earn enough cash to buy it.  It took a long time, and we were all so happy and excited to get it.  Well it turns out that it was a big bomb, and didn't live up to the hype.  This didn't deter Jackson a bit.  He decided to save up a little more and upgrade to this beauty.  


He's had it for less than a week, and loves it.  So far he's spotted Jupiter, a double star,  and and can't wait for the moon to be in sight before his bed time!  


 
 I'm so proud of Jackson for aiming high, setting and following through on his goal.  He is one determined kiddo.  It doesn't end here though, he already has his eyes on bigger and better one.  This one will take years and years to save for......and this time won't fit in my dining room.  

Thanks Jackson for helping out with the dining room.......one less spot for me to worry about decorating!  

3 comments:

emily said...

1. Love the wall color
2. Love the curtain pattern.
3. Way to go Jack!!! Try to spy DC from the huge telescope.

Miss you. xoxo

Papa Parrish said...

zowie wowie!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

No music. Now I am alone with my thoughts. :0)

Love the paint/curtain combo

Jack is a saving super genius!

Maybe he should Skype with me and explain how saving works?!