Saturday, October 1, 2011

Something is different around here

Have you noticed? Yep, the music is gone. While you wipe the tears away, I'll explain why. So a few days ago I was reading this blog about the 10 most annoying things you come across on blogs and music was one of them. It included tons of follow up comments from readers saying how they hate it royally. I guess reading and listening to music is too hard for some. CONFESSION: I am like a 14 yr old girl and have always wondered if my blog were a person, would it sit at the cool kid table for lunch. In an effort to maintain my cool kid/blog status in my head, I've decided to take down the music. Don't worry though, I will post some tunes occasionally that I just can't get out of my head and deem worthy of all of my 5 readers. To start off I'll show you this little ditty.

A few weeks back I went to the Weezer concert at the Great Minnesota get together. I loved every minute of that sweaty mess. Men's armpits in my face were involved, and I still enjoyed myself thoroughly. We started out in the back and squeezed our way to the middle of the pack. I had a plan to get to the front that is pretty much fail proof: wait for a mosh pit to start, and then bolt forward as fast as you can before it dies down. We ended up about 5 people from the front, which is perfect because if you are too close, you will get so cramped it's hard to breathe. What made it doubly awesome is that they decided to cover Foster the People's Pumped up kicks song (which I happened to have on my blog at the time) My phone can't record for very long, so here is a little clip....


3 comments:

emily said...

Weezer. Grrrrrrrr.

Douglas Family said...

Maybe this is just a confirmation that I am weird, but I liked the music!

Papa Parrish said...

I liked the music, too. I don't know when I will learn to like cool music now if you take it off, and I am fresh out of teenagers! I could even tell Papa who Ben Folds was from my prior education.