Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quatro

Let's wrap things up shall we?  Our last few days were spent just outside the kicked back town of Peurto Viejo.   On our way there, we did a little white water rafting.  And when I say little, I mean the same river they did the world championships of rafting just the week prior - class three and fours!!  There was a split decision amongst John and I as to whether this was fun or not.  As adventuresome as I am, I was in the HELL NO, NEVER AGAIN CAMP.  John was in the when can I come back and take my boys down this river camp!!  

I was happy though, to get to kick back and enjoy my reading to the sweet sounds of the jungle after a life flash before my eyes kind of a day.


I love every minute of Arenal and all of the adventures we had, but this is what I was waiting for..... relaxing at the beach!  

We rented bikes from our hotel and headed to the beach, and then went into town and had a fabulously fresh red snapper dinner.

I didn't take pictures, but one of those boats to the left caught our snapper and the restaurant bought it from them that very afternoon.  It was probably the freshest fish I've ever had, and oh so yummy.

John and I are so grateful to his Mom Lois for flying out for the week to watch our crazy kiddos.  While she was doing laundry and driving carpool, changing diapers and walking the dog, we got to enjoy beautiful sunsets and enjoy ourselves for a full week.  Thanks Lois!!

4 comments:

Cecia said...

I'm so happy you guys got to do this! It was well deserved, and a long time coming, eh?

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Hell to the No. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Your mother in law is a gift from God for sure. What an amazing woman.

One of these years we are really going with you!! I could let you plan the whole thing and be confident it would be world class...

It's Not Your Fault! said...

Wendy would need to be drugged to get on the plane... remember... aside from that... we all would be good to go!!

Papa Parrish said...

I really like that gift from God stuff....do you want me to watch your kids, too? NanaP