Monday, October 24, 2011

Tres

So the fun did not stop at flaming dinners my friend.  One beautiful day we headed off to my favorite adventure on our trip - zip lining!

We went up a mountain on a tram and were greeted with an old man serving up a smoothie and offering to take pictures.  

  
We went on 8 zip lines, one of them being over 1/2 mile long.  You could get up to 50 mph on that baby!  


For me, the best part was right in the middle when I was zooming through the sky and feeling the breeze on my face as I took in the view.   If I looked to the right, you could see Lake Arenal, and to the left was the beautiful landscape, and below, well I didn't really do that! 

   
Another exciting part was at the end when you were at top speed and you had to go spread eagle to slow down.  Every time it felt like you just might not stop in time.  

Another day we took a gorgeous hike up to the Lava Fields of Arenal Volcano.  


We  lucked out and had an awesome tour guide who taught us all about the vegetation and landscape of the area.   Our luck stopped short at getting a view of the volcano on our hike.  It's right behind us, you'll just have to use your imagination!




2 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I can't believe there were that many zip lines...sweet. Your luck may have stopped short at seeing the volcano, but that is better than being blessed with an erupting volcano! Run Forrest, Run.

It's Not Your Fault! said...

Some of those shots of JP made me uncomfortable. Did John consent to those pictures getting published?