Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dos

After our Canyoneering excursion, we were dropped off at the beautiful Nayara Arenal Hotel.  It was ranked one on trip advisor, and it did not disappoint.  Check out the view from the bed.  Pretty amazing right?


I felt like we were on a cruise.  Every day we would come back to find a towel creation.  This one was my favorite.  

We stayed pretty busy, but we did make sure we got a little lounging time by the pool.  

It was crazy how much wildlife surrounded us.  If you look close, you'll see a little white rabbit and a parrot in this pic.  

Part of our hotel room.  What you don't see is a hammock and hot tub on the deck outside, and an enormous bathroom with both an inside and outside shower.  

One night we went into town and ate at a place that was recommended by the hotel.



We were kickin' back downing coca-cola classics when in walks this bad boy like he owned the joint.....   No one seemed to care but me.  The locals didn't bat an eye.  Not me though, I was on the floor taking pictures of a random cat.  Now that I think of it, I was probably making more of a scene than the stray cat.

Throughout the trip, John was an ordering genius.   This time was no exception.  We laughed so hard thinking about how his food came out in all of it's flaming glory, and mine looked like it came from Denny's.   

Denny's special of the day:  

Don't you waste time feeling sorry for me about the blue plate special......everything tastes better when you are on vacation.

4 comments:

emily said...

One word: jealous! I hate you again. Packers, Weezer, now this! ;) what is a single girl to do?but now I know you secretly were missing max.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I can't believe they allow cats to roam the restaurant. Hilarious. Hard to believe there are Denny's plates in the same place as fire plates. Good thing someone hit the jackpot, imagine missing out on the flamer all together! Ahhhh Vacation! Such a dream, such fun, hard to go back to the daily grind.

Papa Parrish said...

Hot time in the old town that night!

It's Not Your Fault! said...

I am so happy you two really enjoyed the country! You both deserve it!