Wednesday, October 19, 2011

That time we went to Costa Rica

 At the risk of sounding redundant for those who know me......John and I went to COSTA RICA!!!  We had a fabulous time.  Words can't describe the beauty, or at least mine can't, so I'll just give you a little play by play of our adventures and let the pictures do most of the talking.

We flew into San Jose Sunday night and stayed at a little place call Hotel Los Volcanes.  It was a cute little place that was once a mansion and has been converted into a hotel.  We woke up early (for vacation standards) and a excursion travel bus picked us up to transfer us to La Fortuna.  The beauty of a transfer excursion is that you get to kill two birds with one stone.  First, you do some rad activity, and then they take you to your hotel.  


For our first excursion, we chose to go canyoneering.  It's essentially a little hiking as you repel down a series of beautiful waterfalls.  


Here's John getting in on the repelling action.  He really wanted to go head first, but the guides wouldn't let him.  (thanks Jose)


 It was a blast.  I felt a little like the paparazzi was hounding me though.  They had a couple professional cameramen there to take your pics along the way.  It's hard to look this good while contemplating death by waterfall.  For reals.


I think I am pretty much required by law to write this next sentence:  LOOK MA, NO HANDS!!!

Another fun spot was when they had a two guys go upstream and block off the water for a couple minutes.  They had us sit down in the stream and wait for the surge of freezing cold water.  It was so refreshing!  


The couple at the top of this picture were from England.  They were honeymooning for three weeks and found it pretty depressing that we only had one week to "go on holiday."  Poor me, I only got to spend a week in paradise.  

More to come about the rest of my short and depressing holiday.


4 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Oh my gosh! I swear that's the waterfall they repelled down in the bachelor during Brad Womack's last season! haha! So cool! What a sweet vacay!

It's Not Your Fault! said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Debra was so happy to hear the news. Costa Rica is not only home... it is an incredible slice of paradise!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

OH yea, that is really rough that you only went on vacation for 1 week. We always go on holiday for 3 weeks! Right! Amazing! I would've been in heaven repelling down waterfall mountains...I love repelling.

Papa Parrish said...

If you show the kids these pictures, they will never want to stay with Nana again!