Thursday, September 24, 2009

10 long years and 10 long reasons

So let me make one thing clear. I am uncomfortable with cheese. Not the dairy kind, but the oozing of love kind that you find in lyrics in a slow song at a eighth grade dance or a hallmark anniversary card. However, on this occasion I feel like cheese needs to prevail so I will willingly step out of my no cheese policy just this once. John and I have been married for 10 years!! Woot Woot! One time when we were engaged, John's mom Lois asked me when was the first time I knew I loved John. Feeling extremely squeamish about the situation, I told her I still wasn't sure and I would let her know when I figured it out. I've grown a lot in the past ten years and thought it wouldn't hurt too severely to let it be known why I love my man........

1. His taste in music - hear the song playing in the background? Well that is "our song." We both decided that Whitney Houston's I will Always love You and Shania Twain's Looks like we Made It was already taken by way too many people so we should go with something a little outside the norm. Go Carry on my Wayward Son!!!

2. He is the yin to my yang. I know sometimes I poke fun at his frugality, but it is good for me, for the both of us. We are slowly rubbing off on each other and eventually will meet somewhere in the middle and that is a good thing.







3. He loves to travel as much as I do. It doesn't matter if we are camping at the bottom of the canyon or on a cruise ship in the Hawaiian islands, we manage to have fun.





4. He loves to pose for pictures. Need I say more?



5. He's not afraid to let his "freak flag" fly in front of me, I in turn do the same.




6. He is the perfect father for our kids, even if he once almost drowned Jackson by capsizing their canoe.



7. He supports me in everything I do/want to do. Well, except for wanting a dog, oh and my love for coca-cola classic.



8. His work ethic rivals the best. You know he is three times the normal athlete, right? He is a great example to me and the kids.



9. This guy is smart. I pretty sure the only thing I've ever taught him is how to check the oil on his car.



10. He is pretty hot. I love me some coke, but I would choose him over caffeine any day. (if you don't know me, that says a lot)





happy anniversary, an thus concludes the cheese portion of my blog.








12 comments:

emily said...

That rocked. Can you get me one? Miss you guys a ton!!!!!!!! I posted about Sadie yesterday:)

The Ferrins said...

That was a super sweet an sincere slice of cheese :) 10 years say's a lot! Congrats !

Lindsay & Josh said...

I'm glad you guys are together too. I sure don't claim to know John anywhere near as close as you do, but I agree with you that he is the perfect father for your kids. I can't tell you how many times I've seen John "parent" one of your children where it amazes me/makes me laugh so hard. I can tell you the specific stories I'm thinking about later :) I think you're great too Jamie. Maybe John will sneak on here to share his devotedness to you? ;) Happy anniversary!

Kelltie said...

Congrats! I enjoyed the cheese and don't worry, I don't think it was tooooo cheesey! ;) You guys are a great couple! Happy Anniversary!

Renae said...

I didn't think that was too cheesy! It seemed very nice.
And congrats!!!

Douglas Family said...

That was very sweet. I am glad he found you!

John said...

THANKS JAMIE. I'd tell everyone how aweome you are with a blog, but everyone already knows. In the words of the average band Kansas:

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know

Beccarigg said...

Congrats and happy anniversary. Loved the one about John loving to pose for pics! Haha! There were definitely some good poser pics in that post. You guys are perfect together and you know we love the cheese!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Must've been a match made in heaven as he had a picture of him on the Mission drinking a coke. That is priceless! You guys are amazing. Now if only we had an excuse to be neighbors again....

onecent said...

how sweet!! love it!

Papa Parrish said...

That was just the right amount of cheese, and I agree with you 150%. Johnny is so smart he found a good woman to make the journey with. Thank you for coming to our family. Nana Oh, sorry if I put you on the spot about when you first decided you loved him...did you figure out when?

It's Not Your Fault! said...

Congrat's! The pics were great. The cheese was required and it made us miss you both even more.

To a very special couple... to a great friend... "Keepin it real says it all!"