Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sometimes being frugal is lame

*Suggestion: due to the graphic nature of this post, menfolk should skip this one* In an effort to try to save a little dough I thought I could forgo my nursing pads (otherwise known in our house as boob diapers). I thought hey they cost about a quarter a day and if I stop using them in about 3 months I could afford some shoes on clearance from Payless. Sounds like a swell plan wouldn't you say? Well the problem is that whenever I think of Sadie and how much I litterally want to consume her yummy deliciousness, I let down. Sadie was looking exceptionally edible today and things got a little out of hand with the no boob diaper situation:

I guess I won't be getting any new shoes for Thanksgiving.

10 comments:

Cecia said...

One word - Hysterical

Cameron and Wendy said...

I agree with Cecia. And I think you should totally get the shoes anyway, just for trying. :)

Douglas Family said...

Oh wow! Good thing you put a warning on the post. I think nursing pads aren't something to cut out of the family budget. Maybe you could cut out the ESPN sports package from your TV bill and then you could get new shoes. :)

Hot Diggity Daws said...

OFC!! Love that you shared the photo. A picture IS worth a thousand words. One of nature's little gifts. What about collecting all of the money you would've had to spend on formula...that should buy some shoes at Nordstrom. Silly Jamie. :-)

Erin said...

Ha ha... I'm sure there is a mormon blog out there that tells you how to make your own "boob diapers." I agree with the other comments... you should get the shoes anyway.

The Osborne Family said...

Get some LilyPadz.

Papa Parrish said...

Ok. Now for gross...back in the olden days there were ocolets..The plastic over the wazubi milk collectors, and they worked just fine unless you forgot and bent over and they dumped out the top. There was one great advantage...they increased your size, and if anyone bumped you, you were safe, and they wondered why you had breasts of steel. And they shouldn't be bumping you anyway...creeps and strange cleavage leerers...Nana

Renae said...

O.K. I'm one of those who made their own on baby #1 and used them clear through baby #5. Throwing them in the wash with everything else was awesome. I should figure out what that saved us and then go buy some accordingly.

Beccarigg said...

The picture is hilarious! Wendy's Oh for Cute comment had me rolling on the floor! Nursing always brings out some good times : )

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Personally I am very disappointed that you removed the picture. Come one man!!! It was 2Die4!

Now I realize why John runs a little squeamish on some topics... because his mom refers to boobs as wazubis!!

Now I really need to have one more kid to be sure I get my own picture of the classic nursing mishap! I have robbed myself of such a blessed treasure.