Friday, September 4, 2009

Miss you already

Dearest Arizona-
It's been about two weeks since I've seen you last and I can't stop thinking about you. I miss everything about you, your sights, smells, your familiarity. Can I just say that I love the way you smell after it rains and even better when I drive by an orange grove and inhale those sweet blossoms. You also satisfy my palette like no other. I love your fresh tortillas, strawberry lime-aides, frozen custard and your shaved ice. I miss being paranoid in the middle of the night about going to the bathroom for fear of getting stung by a scorpion in the arse. In the winter time I crave getting into a car that you have baked in your sun and having my face seared until the A.C. kicks in. Your sunsets created by dust and pollution are like a daily work of art smeared across my windshield. I can't forget about your amazing thunderstorms that light up the sky better than any firework show I've seen. They are worth suffering through the hot sticky monsoon season to see. I miss my family and friends there. I wish I would have made fun of my friend's husband for shaving his massive ammounts of body hair so he could see his sculpted calves and pectorals. Arizona you are so cool I'm sure you have already found a way to make fun of him for me. Possibly with a sundburn? I love the hikes, southwestern beauty, the day trips you provide, and lastly The Canyon. Oh, The Canyon! No matter how long I remain in Minnesota, I will always be an Arizona girl at heart.
Forever Yours-
XOXO
Jamie

Good times in Flagstaff and the Zoo, in AZ of course.

6 comments:

Bubba the Hutt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bubba the Hutt said...

We miss you guys too, but next time can you please bring John?

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Inquiring minds want to know...what delicious message was deleted by the author?!

I should write my own Ode, titled:
Ode to Jamie

I sure miss my Jamie P
I laugh at her, she laughs at me
We love to joke, we love to chat
Everything is interesting like that

I invite myself to a family dinner
I don't shut up, I am such a winner
She taught me mini vans
were actually uncool...
Then secretly bought one,
I love it, you fool!!
You crack me up, because You're You
Hurry back, I need something to do!

JamieLynn said...

Bubba- don't get your panties in a ravel, John will visit next April so you can paint your toenails silly together then.

Wendy- Awe schucks, you are the best. (and I promise no more tragic "bus rides")

Bubba the Hutt said...

Original message was deleted because I thought it was a little rude, but what the heck, here it is:

Don't feel bad about the fact that nobody has commented. I'm sure you're missed.

Chin up :)

Papa Parrish said...

with laments like that, I have hope to someday have you back to enjoy!!! Nana