Sunday, June 20, 2010

Love you Pops


Where do I begin? My Dad is awesome. He is a character. His laugh is contagious. He has too many "fishing" stories to remember. He is the original "claw." He can nap anywhere. He likes a good joke. He irons.

In our family, he is known for his one liners. Here's a few just off the top of my head:

1. I can't get this mattress off my back
2. It's better than poke in the ear with a sharp stick
3. It's a secret recipe
4. You don't want to make your mother mad at me do you?
5. Back when I was young and danced the Gator.
6. QUIET!!!!

One of my favorite memories of my Pops to this day is from back in grade school. We were taking one of our many weekend trips to Nogales Mexico. I was lucky enough to get to bring my friend Adrianne along. While traveling we were listening to Beck's I'm a Loser Baby song for the first time. One of the lyrics says "get crazy with the cheese whiz." Adrianne and I thought it to be pretty funny and repeated Ha Ha Ha Get crazy with the cheese whiz! My Dad quickly turned around and said in his I am highly annoyed voice "NOT IN MY CAR!!" Adrianne and I laugh about that till this day.

Happy Father's Day Dad. Thanks for being so rad.

No comments: