Monday, June 7, 2010

The monthly curse

After I had the pleasure of scooting my boys off to school I decided to take a little jog around the block to test out my knee. (I've been having knee problems for the last week and a 1/2...which is not good considering the fact that I'm suppose to be running a 1/2 marathon in a couple weeks!) As I was lacing up the old running shoes, Sadie discovered something that has been stashed away in the bathroom cupboard for quite some time thanks to being prego and nursing: Pads. They intrigued her. They were soft, smelled fresh, and made a squishy sound. There was no way on Earth she was going to let these amazing new toys out of her sight. So I was forced to run with her in the jogging stroller as she gripped two amazingly big pads ever so tightly. She must be wise beyond her years and understands that after you stop nursing, you should always have one on hand because you never know when Aunt Martha will pay a visit. Luck was on my side because my knee held up, I didn't see anyone I know, and I didn't have to use one of Sadie's new found toys today!

4 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Hilarious! Glad your knee held up.

Renae said...

That is hilarious!
My youngest brother found my sister's stash and had a heydey when he was about 2 yrs. old.

Cecia said...

Oh my gosh, I can see it now, had John seen this post yet? You may be in trouble :) You can just tell him Sadie needed some "padding" for the jogger, those strollers can get a little turbulent, you know with all that speed!

Adrianne said...

Too funny! Good luck with your knee and the 1/2. can't wait to read that blog!